Steve

Default Copy Word TOC into a document with less pages

Perfect! Thank you. I spent nearly 2 hours on this before I posted this
question. i appreciaate your response very much.

Steve

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

In the original 250-page document, select the TOC, press Ctrl+Shift+F9 to
unlink the TOC, copy and paste the TOC into the 26-page excerpt document, and
close the original 250-page document WITHOUT SAVING CHANGES to it.

"Steve" wrote:

I have a 250 page Word document. I want to excerpt selected Chapters (that
total 26 pages). I created a new document, then deleted all but the 26 pages
I wanted. Included in the 26 pages was the full automatically created Table
of Contents. When I saved this new document, the TOC gave me error messages,
"Error, Bookmark not defined."

I understand the error message, BUT I want to take an image of the Table of
Contents (as it shows in teh 250 page document), and insert it into the new
26 page document - without the error messages.

How do I do this?

Steve