Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
firewolfsg firewolfsg is offline

Default Phonetic Guide & Pin Yin in Word 2007

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Firewolfsg,

If you copy the following to Word,
use Office Button=Save as
and choose 'plain text' as the file type and save the name as
"Rubytext.htm"
(in quotes)

then close that file and reopen it in Word and put the cursor in the text, does the Ruby text from the sample show in the Phonetic
guide ?

!-- Sample File - Ruby Test 1 --
html
ruby
rbXYZ/rb
rtRubyTest1/rt
/ruby
/html

If that works, then in your original document if you use select the text paragraph with the Chinese characters and use Review=Set
Language to set it to Chinese, do you get the Ruby text from the Phonetic guide?

Is the Chinese IME/keyboard selected and available from the language bar?

===============
"firewolfsg" wrote in message ...
Hello,

Yes, I installed the Asian Language features and the language is enabled in
the language settings. I also have the Phonetic Guide icon and the typography
section under options.

However, when I select the Chinese text and click the Phonetic guide icon,
it only opens the Phonertic guide window; the Ruby text is blank. i.e., it
does not give suggestions.

In the previous versions of Word, Phonetic Guide would provide the
hanyupinyin. Word 2007 does not. I would like this useful feature back.

Please offer suggestions on how to correct this? Thank you!
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP