Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default separating numeric fields

You can actually achieve that with switches, but in both cases there will be
a stray leading comma if the Number1 field is empty eg

{ MERGEFIELD Field1 \# ",0.00;,-0.00"; }{ MERGEFIELD Field2 \# "',
',0.00;', ',-0.00;" }{ MERGEFIELD Field3 \# "', ',0.00;', ',-0.00;" }

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
{ MERGEFIELD Number1}{IF { MERGEFIELD Number2 } "" ", { MERGEFIELD
Number2 }" "" }{IF { MERGEFIELD Number3 } "" ", { MERGEFIELD
Number3 }" "" } etc.

Use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters and Alt+F9 to
toggle their display.

Note that this has not changed from earlier versions of Word.

"DeborahKea" wrote in message
Doug,
I found the If, then, else field merge, but can you explain to me
how to seperate numeric field with commas using this function?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use and If...then...Else... field construction.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"DeborahKea" wrote in message
I have several numeric fields that I need to insert into my merge
document.
Problem is, I need to separate them, using commas preferably. All
letters
do
not contain the same number of numeric data, so I will need to
suppress blank
data fields. Any help would be greatly appreciated.