Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] kholmen1@comcast.net is offline

Default Need macro to copy styles from one template to active document

Hi. Thanks Shauna.

I have to use global templates and cannot create a new one with my
styles in it. I have to save my styles in a template add-in. I
appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Kim

Shauna Kelly wrote:
Hi

If this were me, I'd find a way around the problem.

If you have a template with the styles you need, then create your new
document by doing File New and choosing your template. Then you'll have
all the styles you need.

If you're starting with an existing document and you want to apply the
styles from your template to this existing document, then consider working
the problem the other way round. Create a new document with your styles,
then paste the content of the existing document into it.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

wrote in message
oups.com...
I often need to open up organizer and copy styles from an add in
template I keep on my C: drive to the current document open. The
documents I add into may have different filenames and templates. I do
not want to change the templates, just copy in the styles. Anyone have
a suggestion for the code? Everytime I do it with the macro recorder
it copies the global add in template into my main Document Template
(therefore I have my add in AND my Document template which are now the
same and this causes all sorts of errors. Thanks!