Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Philip Philip is offline

Default Multiple Document Interface

I use Office 2007 Home & Student Edition on Windows XP-SP3

Does Word support a multiple document interface within a single window.

If I open a second document then it's opened in another main window, this
makes it it hard to read in conjunction with a previously opened document so
that I am forced to use Desktop tiling feature, which is somewhat primitive,
and I have to minimise 2 windows when I want to put that work aside etc.

I think I had MDI in previous versions of Word, in the Windows menu there
were things like tile, cascade, I dont want to revert to menus and toolbars,
I like ribbons.

Thanks