Greg Maxey

Linda,

I can't duplicate your problem. You could try using a formula field
directly in the cell vice a formfield calculation field. Unprotect your
form and delete the calculation field. With your cursor still in the target
field press CTRL+F9. Inside the field code braces that appear, type
=(e1/e2). It should look like this { =(e1/e2) }. Right click the field and
press "Toggle Field" codes. Finally protect your form and give it a go.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

LindaCoedy wrote:
Hi Greg:

Yes that is what I have in the e3 field. I am still getting a 0 as
soon as I enter a number in the e1 field. Am I having a problem
because of the locked template? I am so frustrated at such a simple
equation. Awaiting your reply and thanks so much.

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

Linda,

What do you have in e3? Are you using a formfield calculation field
=(e1\e2).

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

LindaCoedy wrote:
I have a table with 5 columns and 3 rows. I want to divide e2 by e1
and put the result in e3. This table is in a locked template. When
I go to use it and put 5 in e1 and 20 in e2 I get a zero in e3. No
matter what number I put in I get zero. I have calculate on exit
checked on all three fields. Please help, this seems so simple but
I can not get it work. I have checked out the formula website
listed
but still can not figure it out. Thanks so much