LaRae Chasteen

Default How to capture non-printed text for use in header? [styleref]

Good day,

My document of meeting minutes will be divided into sections, with each
section carrying different text in its header--I know how to do this using
StyleRef, but...the text in the body will NOT exactly match what is required
in the header. Example:

Text in body: [bold] MONDAY EVENING, AUGUST 19, 2002
Text in left header: [not bold] August 19, 2002
Text in right header: [not bold] Monday

Note difference in font, case and string itself. It is at the location of
this entry that I want to start a new section with its unique header text.
Other people will use this template--would be optimal if they could enter the
info with main text stream rather than editing each section header.

How can I do this if the text required in the section's header does not
appear anywhere in the body of the document?

(I tried referencing a character style with hidden text, but unfortunately,
it is also hidden when referenced by a field.)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,
LaRae