Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Doug is offline

Default Headings in a table

I would like to create a table of headings within a Word 2003 document. This
is in addition to my normal table of contents. The first table column needs
to have the heading number and heading text. I also need the table to
contain several additional columns for other info that I will add.

I tried making column 1 contain cross refrences to the desired headings but
I could not get the heading number and heading text to appear (I only got one
or the other)

Even if I manually insert 2 cross references (one for heading number and one
for heading text), the heading text does not update when I change it - even
after forcing an update.

Any suggestions?