Jezebel

How did you do the paste? Normally Word will paste a selected object as
such, unless you tell it otherwise. But if that didn't work, try using
PasteSpecial.

"Pat-WordQuestions" wrote in
message ...
I tried this, and it didn't work. Not only did the cells not automatically
sum when I entered a different amount in one of the fields, but I tried to
double-click on the table, and it wouldn't take me to Excel, so I could
edit
it there. Evidently I'm not doing this right.

"Jon Weaver" wrote:

Pat,
Copy the range of cells in the Excel workbook.
Move the insertion point in the Word document to the location where you
want
to insert the range of cells.
Click Paste on the Edit menu.

Double-click the embedded Excel object (the range of cells you copied in
Excel and pasted into Word) to edit in Excel.

There is, of course no link between the Excel workbook and the Word
document. If you want to link the the workbook so changes in the
workbook
are reflected in the Word document, click Paste Special on the Edit menu,
click the Paste Link radio button, click Microsoft Excel worksheet object
and OK'

Jon

"Pat-WordQuestions" wrote
in