Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
alborg alborg is offline

Default Please help with (basic) format question.

Hi Stefan:

What I don't understand is what is wrong with simply setting the "Normal"
style and setting to not indent the first paragraph only? Word does have this
feature, and as such would be the ideal way to handle this problem (read my
original note on how to arrive at that setting).

Cheers,
Al

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

As Suzanne wrote, you will have to use a different, unindented style for the
first paragraph of text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"UltimateGaijin" wrote in message
Thanks for the replies, i relize i could have put it better. What i have
noticed is that in most/all ducuments the first paragraph is NOT indented
but
all subsequent ones are. I dont know them name of this rule but it seems
be the norm.

If i set indentation all paragraphs are indented, including the first.