Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how do I unlock a document created by myself??

Hi CEO,

Is it just this document or any document? If all documents you may want to check the activation for the app and/or holding the
control key when starting Word (safe mode) to see if it's something broken with the app or an add-in

If it's just this document, have you tried the step mentioned previously in this thread to Insert the document into another one?

If Word 2003, under Tools=Protect document, if none fo the 'Restriction' items are showing, try clicking also on the 'Restrict
permission' link at the bottom of that Task pane.

If Word 2007, under Office Button=Prepare
the 'Mark as Final' button is turned try turning that one off to see if it restores the icons.

"CEO" wrote in message ...

All of the icons are greyed out even on the forms toolbar. No this is not a
trial version. I have tried to do everything to unlock this document
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP