Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default how do I unlock a document created by myself??

When you say "they're installed on my laptop" were they installed by you
from the Office 2007 CD, or pre-installed when you bought the laptop? If the
latter it is almost certain that it is a trial version and that has now
expired. Many laptop manufacturers pre-install Office 2007 as a trial
version. If this was sold to you as a full version then you need to take it
up with whoever sold you the laptop.

willow wrote:
i have exactly the same problem you have.my word docs were working
perfectly fine yesterday and now i wont let me do anything in any of
them,even a new doc.i've right clicked on the toolbar and nothing
happens.ive looked in the toolbar bit and its in grey so i can't do
anything.i dont have these programmes on trial,they're installed on
my laptop.i don't understand whats happening.i didnt lock anything
yet my word docs are locked.can someone please help?!

"we2bfree" wrote:

I have right-clicked on my toolbar and nothing happens - I
right-clicked on a toolbar outside of my document and no Forms
appears in the menu. View doesn't show the option either and tools
show Protect document but it is in grey. I never locked this
document it just happened

Please Help - Susan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Right-click on any toolbar and choose Forms from the menu. Or use
View | Toolbars and choose it.

"tberry" wrote in message
ok on the Forms toolbar, as stated. Sorry but I don't seem to
know where the
Forms toolbar is. My toolbars are almost completely greyed out
and under tools I only have the option to "protect" not
"unprotect" and it is grey.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Forms toolbar, as stated.

"elle" wrote in message

where is the lock icon
"Carol" wrote:

Have you tried Tools | Unprotect Document? Or Using your Forms
toolbar,
clicking on the lock icon? If the document is password
protected, you will
need to know the password.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in
by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??