Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andy Roberts Andy Roberts is offline

Default Date & Text format in Mail merge

I have a spreadsheet which lists jobs and one of the columns is a "required
date" value which sometimes is unknown so instead of a date we input
"ASAP" - this works fine in the spreadsheet.

I then have a mail merge document which brings in the "required date" field
and is formatted as follow:-
{MERGEFIELD Date Required\@"DD/MM/YY"}

This works ok when it is merging a date but doesn't work when it finds
"ASAP" instead of a date. I understand that it is formatted to a date
format which is the problem but if I remove this formatting I get a US date
format. I dont want to leave the excel cell blank as this looks as though
the inputter has missed something.

Is there anyway around this?
--
Regards