Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
namwob49 namwob49 is offline

Default word 2003 print layout problem

Thanks so much. Don't know how Document Map was toggled on, but it is off
now and I can stop obsessing about it ;-)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Some panes that open on the left are Document Map and Thumbnails. Either of
these can be toggled on the View menu.

http://word.mvps.org

"namwob49" wrote in message
news
Recently I started getting an extra pane on the left side of the page. It
copies some of the information in the main pane. I don't want it and the
way
I get rid of it is to click on the reviewing pane icon (turning it on),
making the left side pane disappear. Then click on the reviewing pane
icon
again (turning it off). Then I have a normal view of print layout without
the extra pane on the left. How can I get rid of this permanently?