Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Terry Lemons Terry Lemons is offline

Default Conditional mail merge from Contacts

Hi

I know how to do a mail merge between contacts in Outlook 2003 and Word
2003. But I need to do some programming/substitution for our holiday card
labels.

If an Outlook field (that I need to choose) contains the word 'Family', then
I want to print "The [Lastname] Family" for this contact, instead of printing
"[Firstname Lastname]". Can I do this kind of conditional logic, from a list
of contacts, in Word Mail Merge? If so, where should I look for
samples/ideas?

Thanks!
tl