Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Conditional mail merge from Contacts

You could use the categories field or one of the four user fields, then
provided you start the merge from Outlook
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm you could use a conditional
field

{IF {Mergefield User_Field_1} = "Family" "The {LastName} Family" "{First
Name} {LastName}"
or
{IF {Mergefield Categories} = "Family" "The {LastName} Family" "{First Name}
{LastName}"

Terry Lemons wrote:
Hi

I know how to do a mail merge between contacts in Outlook 2003 and
Word 2003. But I need to do some programming/substitution for our
holiday card labels.

If an Outlook field (that I need to choose) contains the word
'Family', then I want to print "The [Lastname] Family" for this
contact, instead of printing "[Firstname Lastname]". Can I do this
kind of conditional logic, from a list of contacts, in Word Mail
Merge? If so, where should I look for samples/ideas?

Thanks!
tl