Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
82412 82412 is offline

Default Contents of Word document replaced by code/gibberish

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I have already tried all the things
you suggested. Part of the problem is that this document was sent to me as
an e-mail attachment in its present state, so from a purely technical point
of view there isn't actually anything wrong with the copy I have, it has been
saved that way. I guess what I need is a programme of some sort which can
read that code (if it is code and not just gibberish).

"tedmi" wrote:

I also don't remember if this exists in Word 2000, but here is the sequence
from 2002:
In Tools Options General, turn on Confirm conversion at open
Open the damaged file through the File Open dialog.
When prompted for conversion, choose Recover text from any file
You may have to restore some formatting.
--
TedMi