Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BobS BobS is offline

Default View page number on 2007 Status Bar

On 3/24/2010 4:10 PM, Terry Farrell wrote:
If you start Word in Safe Mode, does the Page Number show on opening?
From Start | Run (Winkey+R), type in

winword /a

and press Enter. Does the page number show now?

I'd also suggest making sure that you have the latest driver for your
printer and then deleting and reinstalling the printer. Switching
views may be forcing Word to look harder for the local printer driver
(which it must see to be able to paginate and display the page number).

Thank you very much Terry. After going in and out of it several times
and changing the view a few times, it seems to be working fine now. I
really appreciate your response.