WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Contents of Word document replaced by code/gibberish

It sounds like your Word document may have become corrupted, which can happen for a variety of reasons such as a software glitch or a problem with the file itself. However, there are a few things you can try to recover your document:
  1. Open the document in a different program: Sometimes, opening the document in a different program such as Google Docs or LibreOffice can help recover the text. These programs may be able to read the file format and display the text properly.
  2. Use the Open and Repair feature in Word: Word has a built-in feature that can attempt to repair a corrupted document. To use it, open Word and go to File Open. Select the corrupted document and click the arrow next to the Open button. Choose "Open and Repair" from the dropdown menu. This will attempt to repair the document and recover the text.
  3. Use a file recovery tool: If the above methods don't work, you can try using a file recovery tool such as Recuva or EaseUS Data Recovery. These tools can scan your hard drive for deleted or corrupted files and attempt to recover them.
  4. Copy and paste the text: If all else fails, you may need to manually copy and paste the text from the corrupted document into a new Word document. This can be time-consuming, but it's better than losing all of your work.

I hope one of these methods helps you recover your document.