Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Swifty Swifty is offline

Default How do I alphabetically sort a numbered list when numbering is

hotmilne wrote:
I thought I had answered. I don't have the choice of Word 1 let alone Word 2.
I have the choice of a sort by Paragraph or by Field1

It sounds as though you have included your "numbered list" as a sequence
of manually entered lines in one cell of a table.

If so, then your sorting options are pretty limited.

If I had to do this, I'd insert a two-column table in that cell, put the
numbers in column one, the text in column two, then all you have to do
is sort by column 2.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html