Amanda Allen Amanda Allen is offline
Junior Member

Default How to check for a character

I am trying to write a macro to check for a couple of characters and a number to do some formatting.

I am copying 6 columns and anywhere from 10 to 80 rows of data from excel to word. Right now, I have a macro that then uses tab to format the data into columns based on the tab settings. I need now to check the data which would be in the first column of word to format the whole line. The information in the first column would be numbers 1 - 80 and could also have an additional character, which could be a star or a bullet.
So I need a way to check each line (row) to check to see if the star or bullet appears.
Is there an easy way to do this? I hope so.

Any help would be appreciated.