Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default My ex-doctor wrote a book...

Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:25:33 -0400 from Valentin labandera63
@hotmail.com:
....on Surgery in Ukrainian language. He is 84 years old and it took him
about 30 years to write it.The Book has 233 separate chapters, 200 - 600
pages in each chapter. For the last 4 years I have been helping him mainly
with computer's hardware issues and also how to back up the text on CD's.
The text is written mainly in Word 97 with some elements of Word Perfect,
and it "weighs" about 120 MB.
Since I will be traveling to Ukraine in May, he wants to know, but I don't
know the answer: is it possible to create a CD with his text on it, with a
"safety feature" so that a prospective publisher can READ, but not COPY the
text from this CD to his computer.

No.
http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...