Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Display acronym in TOC

Hi LFC

LCF wrote:
I am editing a document in Word 2003. The document authors have the section
headings in all caps, but the Table of Contents displays the entries in
initial caps. The problem is that one section heading contains a 3-letter
acronym which should display in all caps. For some reason, Word displays the
first 2 letters as caps, but not the third. [..]

Possible explanation: the "all-caps-ness" of the heading is a result of
defining AllCaps as a character property of the style. No matter whether
the actual typed characters are there as upper or lower case, Word will
then show the entire heading in AllCaps. Now, I suspect the acronym has
been inserted like "LCf". Then the TOC will reflect that, because it's
not bound by the _style-based_ formatting of the heading entry.

If I am correct, try retyping the acronym in the heading with real
capital letters.

HTH
Robert
--