Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default how to input © by keyboard shortcuts in Word

No add-ins or other software like SnagIt to do this. Other symbol shortcuts
work, (r) registered for instance. But for the copyright, I can only get it
by using Insert Symbol and choosing the (c) symbol, or using Alt+0164. This
is will good old Arial font, so I am sure it isn't font related.

It is the same in Safe Mode too. I wonder if it a language thing: I'll try
English (US) and report back.

Jean-Guy... I'm using 2007.

Terry

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Jean-Guy Marcil wrote:
"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Jay

Strangely, I cannot get Alt+Ctrl+C to work either. Word says it is
the assigned shortcut. I've tried removing it and tried to reassign
it, but Ctrl+Alt+C stubbornly refused to let me enter it into the
Enter New Shortcut box.

There's something fishy with that keyboard combination. It just isn't
working.

Are you on 2007?

Right here right now, on word 2003, it works as advertised...
ALT-CTRL-C does insert a © at the cursor location...

I have both 2003 and 2007 running on the same PC (using the NoReReg entry
to avoid clashes), and Ctrl+Alt+C works in both of them.

Terry, do you have some other software such as SnagIt that might be
snatching the shortcut before Word can see it?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman