Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default how to input © by keyboard shortcuts in Word

Thanks. I'll check this further over the weekend.

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Sounds like you have the formatted AutoCorrect entries (which are saved in
Normal.dot) but not the unformatted ones, which are saved in
language-specific .acl files. Maybe the .acl file for English is missing?
FWIW, I have an MSO1033.acl file in C:\Documents and
Settings\Suzanne\Application Data\Microsoft\Office and MSO.ACL files in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033, C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033, and C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12\1033.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
This is really bizarre.

When I go to the Word Options, Proofing, AutoCorrect list, there only a
few entries for smilies and chevrons nothing for (c) or (r) and neither
will execute AutoCorrect (no surprise). Alt+Ctrl+r works just as it
should: it is only Alt+Ctrl+c that doesn't work. How come my AutoCorrect
list isn't populated?

Language setting made no difference.

Terry

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
(c) converts to © here when the language is set to English (United
Kingdom)--Word 2003 and Word 2007. So, I don't think language is the
issue. Did you verify that the shortcut exists in the AutoCorrect list?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
No add-ins or other software like SnagIt to do this. Other symbol
shortcuts work, (r) registered for instance. But for the copyright, I
can only get it by using Insert Symbol and choosing the (c) symbol, or
using Alt+0164. This is will good old Arial font, so I am sure it isn't
font related.

It is the same in Safe Mode too. I wonder if it a language thing: I'll
try English (US) and report back.

Jean-Guy... I'm using 2007.

Terry

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Jean-Guy Marcil wrote:
"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Jay

Strangely, I cannot get Alt+Ctrl+C to work either. Word says it is
the assigned shortcut. I've tried removing it and tried to reassign
it, but Ctrl+Alt+C stubbornly refused to let me enter it into the
Enter New Shortcut box.

There's something fishy with that keyboard combination. It just
isn't
working.

Are you on 2007?

Right here right now, on word 2003, it works as advertised...
ALT-CTRL-C does insert a © at the cursor location...

I have both 2003 and 2007 running on the same PC (using the NoReReg
entry to avoid clashes), and Ctrl+Alt+C works in both of them.

Terry, do you have some other software such as SnagIt that might be
snatching the shortcut before Word can see it?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman