Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Is it possible to see who last opened a Word Document?

Hi

Just curious, I remember something a while ago (might have been an
'Urban Legend' type of thing), where if you opened a word document in
notepad or wordpad it would, at the end log the IP or username of the
person who last opened the file.

I don't expect this to be true but was wondering if there is any way to
view this information? We need to check who has been accessing a
document lately and we're already past the 'turn track chages on'.

Thanks