Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default Is it possible to see who last opened a Word Document?

If this is on a network, I would recommend talking to your MIS department.
If not, you could compress the folder and password protect it. If you access
that folder often you may get tired of that real quick because you have to
remember to compress again it after you are finished with it. There's also
software available that will do this. I'm sure that others will be able to
give you additional information. I know enough about this to be dangerous.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jackie D" wrote in message
This sounds interesting. How do you create a protected folder?
--

JD

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

I can't answer your question but I can make a suggestion. It sounds as
tho
you have a security problem. Why not move that document into a protected
folder?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi

Just curious, I remember something a while ago (might have been an
'Urban Legend' type of thing), where if you opened a word document in
notepad or wordpad it would, at the end log the IP or username of the
person who last opened the file.

I don't expect this to be true but was wondering if there is any way to
view this information? We need to check who has been accessing a
document lately and we're already past the 'turn track chages on'.

Thanks