Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cariskeith cariskeith is offline

Default different page 2 header - WORD 2007, different size also

Am NOT checking diff. odd/even. This would be a letter (law firm) of
different lengths - could be 1, 2, 3 or more pages, but no sections. There
are several problems: 1. I cannot adjust the size of the header/footer space
by dragging on the blue line like in old WORD. 2. The graphic is not going
into the letterhead - by this I mean when I cut and paste it, it LOOKS like
it is a letterhead, but it is actually NOT - if I SELECT ALL of the letter
text, for ex., the letterhead disappears. This does not happen with a true
header. 3. The second page letterhead issue already discribed - also I
cannot adjust the blue line to change the size. If I change the size in the
toolbar box to, say, 2", ALL headers (page 1 and 2 and 3) change to 2".
Thanks!
"cariskeith" wrote:

WORD 2007 specific problem: Have an image, our company logo, with text boxes
beside it (name and address). This goes on page 1 of a letter. Page 2
header SHOULD say only Recipient name (next line) Date (next line) Page 2 of
X, line space, then the body of the letter outside of the header. This page
2 and subsequent headers are much smaller than the logo header. This worked
before 07. I have clicked "Dif. 1st page". The size of page 2 header then
matches page 1 (much too big) or Page 1 headers disappear altogether, or
become small to match Page 2. If I manage to set this up, Page 3 does not
work properly (should match page 2 and say Page 3 of x). Please help step by
step! I was very familiar w previous WORD, so know how to fiddle, but can't
make this work! I do not know what program the logo was created in - and
cannot find out - a graphic artist did it and emailed it to my boss.