Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Dratted small i!

Actually, it's probably worse among Word users, who are likely so used to
Word capitalizing "i" automatically that they really never use the shift
key.

I mean, don't think I capitalize "i"--I'm just posting with a newsreader
that does it automatically.

DM

On 10/19/06 12:19 PM, "aalaan" wrote:

Yes, it's me on my hobby-horse again!

I've been around a few other newsgroups and again note that nearly all of
them are infinitely more trivial and/or foul-mouthed and/or full of flamers
than the Word ones.

But the tendency to use small i when a capital should be used is especially
prevalent here. I wonder why, since you'd expect Word users to be more
literate...

Sigh... It's going to be a tense morning. Just got a manuscript to edit that
can't make up its mind whether it is, was or will be...