Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ppdj ppdj is offline

Default Normal.dotm problem

Actually, I reached that assumption after I found out that I could not put
cover page for my report and the page number function is not working. It just
says "Save Selection as Page Number". After chatting with a Microsoft Office
tech assistant, I reached to that conclusion, as he said. But he could not
provide me any solution since I didn't want to pay $15 for help on this small
issue. I thought if I could replace the corrupted Normal.dotm with a fresh,
new one, then I would not have any problem. But so far I could not find any
link to download a Normal.dotm file. I somehow managed to finish the report
for now with my Office 2003 in my desktop. But for my laptop, I'm still
uncertain about how to fix the problem.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello PPDJ

ppdj wrote:
I don't know why but for some reason, my Normal.dotm template is corrupted.

how did you get to that assumption?

Now, how can I reinstall it? Is there like a downloadable link from Microsoft
to replace the corrupted template? I need to do my homework, but I can't
until it's fixed.

Close Word, then rename the existing Normal.dotm to something else
(Normal.old, for instance). Word will recreate a factory-new global
template next time you start Word.

HTH
Robert
--