Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JenK JenK is offline

Default wise counsel regarding re-paginating & spell/grammar checks

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on this, but I've had a similar
problem with corruption, so I'll do my best:

1. The spell/grammar checker you can turn off. Go to Tools-- Options,
under the spelling/grammar tab, uncheck the boxes that say "check
spelling/grammar as you type".
2. when you copied it into a new document, you went paragraph by paragraph,
but did you take the paragraph markers? Most of the corruption hides in the
end of paragraph markers, and especially the last paragraph marker of your
document. So you need to take the text but not these markers to minimize
your chances of copying the corruption into a new document.

See this for more information:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

Hope this helps!

"xppuser" wrote:

just an update.

all work grind to a halt now.

problem 2 had become severe. every single keystroke that i typed induces
"there are too many spelling or grammatical errors..." pop-up message. i have
unchecked automatic spelling and grammar check under Tools - Spelling as
well as the tab under Language - Set Language.

i tried to copy/paste to a new document with the same results.

would appreciate help and advice regarding how to salvage the document. the
document is not lost but further work is impossible with the pop-up appearing
every single key stroke.

would appreciate advice and help what to do next regarding saving and
resuming the work.

thank you,
jes