Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
xppuser xppuser is offline

Default wise counsel regarding re-paginating & spell/grammar checks

hi Jen and Suzanne,

thank you for your replies.

Jen, thanks for the link, so happened i read this earlier prior to my
posting because it did not help me to solve my problem. i have also switch
off the grammar/spell checker as you suggested. i have also hide
spelling/grammar checkers as suggested by suzanne. but here's what's odd.

i copy/paste using paste special unformatted & reapplies headings, captions
& cross-references. the only exceptions were tables and figures. now in spite
of this, those message still pop-up albeit less frequently (though i have not
completely copied everything)! but still made work next to impossible to
resume. on the other hand, copying paragraph by paragraph had gotten rid of
repagination occurences (i.e. it hasn't occur yet so far). and this was with
spell/grammar checkers hide and turned off.

so i am not sure what is going on here and the worse thing is it is
happening at a critical juncture where i am almost finishing. left only
(possibly just another week's worth of input, then i need to generate TOC,
then it'll be off for consultations.

i am just wondering whether there is something embedded in some of the
tables (almagamation of mine plus two of my collaborators). if i choose copy
tables and paste special - unformatted, tables were destroyed (of course i
could recreate the tables but this means substantial time delay that needs to
be added to the work because there were 90+ tables to re-create). however
when i used reveal codes as well as suzanne's earlier suggestion of alt+F9 to
show hidden field codes, they did not show-up anything out of the ordinary.

woudl appreciate further suggestions. i am thinking of uninstalling and
reinstalling office now not for any particular reason other than it is
another thing that i can try do in the meantime.

thank youi all again,
jes