Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Abbreviation for Carbon Dioxide

....and if it's something you need frequently, consider creating an
AutoCorrect entry to automatically convert co2 into the correct format each
time it's typed. I use AutoCorrect entries for h2o, h2so4, etc. It's very
handy, and ultimately, a big time saver.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
.. .
Actually, for chemicals like that the 2 should be "slightly *lower" not
higher.After the CO type Control+= then type the 2. Then type Control+=
again to turn Subscript off. Alternatively just type the 2, select it,
then
go to [depending on version of Word] Format Font & apply Subscript.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/2/09 3:27 PM, in article
, "Abi"
wrote:

How do I create the small 2 that's placed slightly higher than the other
characters in for example the abbreviation CO2?