Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TexJen09 TexJen09 is offline

Default CheckBox - Can't Edit

Thank you for the quick reply. I followed the link and in the document it
states: "Drawback: They will stop working whenever the link to this template
is lost."
I've not dealt much with Templates. Does this mean that if I use this
option on my computer, but then send to other users, and they do not have the
'source'/template document saved on their machines, that this will not work?

thnx
-jb

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

You can insert section breaks to isolate a portion of the
document, and then enable protection in that section only. Or
you can create check boxes that do not require document
protection to function. See
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm and
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for
several different ways to make checkboxes.

TexJen09 wrote:

I have a Table in Word and have inserted check boxes. Was told I have to
Protect Document and Restrict Formatting to be able to tick the boxes on/off.
But this disallows me to edit other parts of the document. Am looking to
have a document that is a checklist for a group of users - all should be able
to tick boxes on/off and add text to the other columns in table.
Is this not possible without going through Protect/Unprotect, etc?
cheers,
jb