Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Default Where is the custom dictionary?

Most of here are living to eat Word.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Famous last words. You realize that you will live to eat those words,
don't you? My mom said the same thing - she bought a new one (her second)
last year. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Peter in New Zealand" peterbalplugATxtra.co.nz wrote in message
Awesome both of you. My grateful thanks. Oh, and I retire soon, all the
kids
have flown the nest, and this will be the last computer I will ever buy,
so
it's gotta be a goodie JoAnn!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Custom.dic is probably what you're looking for. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm

newsgroup

so
all may benefit.

"Peter in New Zealand" peterbalplugATxtra.co.nz wrote in message
Shortly moving to a nice new shiny up to the minute PC. (YAY!) As a

church
minister I have used Word on the old machine for a long time, and the

user
dictionary has lots of Biblical words and names in it. Rather than
have

spend months putting them in again when using them can I just transfer
file to the new PC that contains all those words? I am using MS Office

XP
(2002) on Windows XP Pro SP2. I have looked in the File Locations
panel

of
the Options menu but can't find any reference to it. Thanks.

--
Peter in New Zealand. (Pull the plug out to reply.)
Collector of old cameras, tropical fish fancier, good coffee nutter,