Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Mailmerged Dollar Amount Problem

Or more elegantly
{ MERGEFIELD "your field name" \# "$,0.00" }

Nina wrote:
to format for currency:

{ MERGEFIELD "your field name"\#"$###,###,##0.00" }

"Laurie" wrote:

In Office 2003 using Excel spread sheet with dollar amounts as a
merge field in Word the dollar amount shows more then 2 decimal
places in the Word document. It is formated in the Excel document
to 2 decimal places and is showing the correct amount in the formula
bar. How do I get Word to keep the formating or how do I format the
merge field to show only 2 decimal places? Thank you for your help.
--
Laurie
Jenkins Athens Insurance