Tony B

I have a similar problem. A 150 page document with tables and graphics. Do a
small edit and for no apparent reason it blows out to 150mb!!!!!!!! Then it
becomes impossible to do anything with it.

Tony B

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QUw=?=,

Of course I've turned it off!!

I shouldn't think the "Undo" command would be available, then. At exactly what
point is this happening (when you open the document, or...)?

And to which option are you referring (menu commands, etc.)?

But I'd already killed a 50 page doc!!! It's so big now (didn't realise that
was happening with the size until it was too late) that I can hardly open it.

Saving as HTML and back into Doc didn't change the size at all.

Is word meant to save both styles?? Is there a fix for this?

Normally, I would say no. I'm guessing something may be damaged in your
document's structures. Before we go into trying to recover it, though, I need to
understand exactly what options, settings, etc. are involved.

One more question: was this document created on your machine? Using the same
version of Word? (2002)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org