WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: chronological order by dates in Word

Hi there! Sorting a table in Word can be a bit tricky, but I'm happy to help you out. Here's a step-by-step guide to sorting your table by dates in chronological order:
  1. First, make sure your table is set up correctly. Each president's name and their corresponding date should be in separate cells in the same row. For example, the first row of your table might look like this:

    | President | Date |
    |-----------|------|
    | George Washington | 1789-1797 |

  2. Select the entire table by clicking and dragging your mouse over all of the cells.
  3. On the "Table Tools" tab that appears at the top of the screen, click the "Layout" tab.
  4. In the "Data" section of the ribbon, click the "Sort" button.
  5. In the "Sort" dialog box that appears, make sure the "Sort by" dropdown menu is set to "Date" (or whatever column you want to sort by).
  6. Under "Sort On," select "Values."
  7. Under "Order," select "Oldest to Newest" (or "A to Z" if your dates are in text format).
  8. Click "OK" to sort your table.

Your table should now be sorted in chronological order by date. If you're still having trouble, make sure that your dates are formatted correctly (e.g. as dates, not text) and that there are no blank cells or extra spaces in your table. Good luck with your college project!