Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Track Changes won't go away - Word 2002

Have they perhaps been marked up with some third-party add-in such as
DeltaView?

"DaveP" wrote in message
I'm having a problem with a few documents that have the "track changes"
turned on. For some reason, I can't seem to turn the option off. I've

read
some of the other post here that say accept all changes first and to check
the normal.dot, but I haven't had any luck.

I have gone into the files, both .rtf and .doc, and accepted all changes.
There aren't any changes to begin with, but I do the accept anyway. Then
I'll turn off the "track changes" option, save, and close the document.

When
I open it back up again, the "track changes" is turned on once more.

Again,
there aren't any changes in the document. I've even done a "Veiw Markup"

and
a "Print Preview" to verify this.

When I create new documents from the Normal.dot template, "track changes"

is
turned off by default, so it's not a problem there. And when I open other
existing documents, "track changes" is off there as well.

Does anyone have other suggestions?

Thanks!