Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mandy mandy is offline

Default Book Fold Portrait Orientation - Word 2007

Correct, about 4.24" wide x 11" high is what I wanted. In the case of the
Publisher template, it measures at 4.25" x 11" and creates no printing
issues. Noting the other dimensions mentioned, it makes sense about the 5.5"
x 8.5" and landscape orientation. Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

To clarify, are you wanting each page to be 4.24" wide x 11" high? Because
that's what you're describing. If you want pages 5.5" x 8.5", then you must
use landscape orientation because Word is putting two of these portrait
pages on a landscape page.

"Mandy" wrote in message
To answer my own question, the fastest solution I found was to use Publisher. There is a template already set for creating a booklet in portrait and all I had to do was adjust the margins. I wanted to figure it out in Word so I would it would be easier on my coworkers, but a little tutorial from me shall bring them up to speed with Publisher for this project.

Any other ideas for Word 2007 are still appreciated.

"Mandy" wrote:

Is there any way to override the automatic landscape setting to portrait
orientation with book fold in Word 2007?

To get the portrait orientation, with forced landscape orientation using
book fold, I changed the paper size to 8.5 by 11. This gives me both the
auto page numbering and correct print layout I want, but it creates a
conflict with the printer stating margin error and mismatched paper...
although there is not.

I can get it to print one booklet at a time, but I need 65 printouts.
Copies of a print will not do. I also have 3 other booklets in queue
that
have the same issue. These are long booklets and maintaining the auto
page
numbering and book fold layout is ideal.

Any suggestions?