Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Converting WP files to Word 2003

You need the registry entries also - see http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

Sagara wrote:
Hi, I've about 100 seminar papers I need to read but they are *.WP
files. I've searched the web and downloaded and tried an old WP
converter - Word Perfect Text Converter - which adds stuff to the
registery with MERGE. I also put the two files - wpft532.cnv and
wpft632.cnv - in C:\Program Files/common files/Microsoft
shared/textconv - but have had no success. I remember doing exactly
the same thing two years ago and it worked. The only difference now
is that I have a different laptop (TP 60X instead of a TP T41, but
all the same software. Quite desperate for this and puzzled as to
why something that worked previously won't work now.

Thanks,

Robert