Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
instantrunoff instantrunoff is offline

Default Capitalize Only Latin Characters at Beginning of Table Cell?

I'm using Word 2007, so those options are in a different place, but have the
single Greek letters listed as exceptions does not prevent them from being
capitalized if they are at the start of a sentence or table cell. Thanks,
though. Any other ideas?

"DeanH" wrote:

Basically, no this is not possible by your classification.
But you could add these special characters in the Exceptions within the
Insert, Autotext, Autocorrect. Once added they will be ignored by the system.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"instantrunoff" wrote:

Sometimes, I use Greek letters in tables for science information. It's
frustrating to start a cell with "μ-receptor", for instance, and have it
"autocorrect" to the capital Greek mu, which looks just like an 'M.' Is
there a way to have the first letter of table cells capitalized but only if
they are Latin-based characters?