Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bufossil bufossil is offline

Default Page Field not restarting after Section break

I am using Word 2007 on Windows XP, SP3.

I have a 100+ page document, broken up into 9 sections (2 of which are the
title page and the TOC). All of the headers and footers throughout sections
3-9 (the body of the document) are linked. In all cases except section 9,
the Page field restarts the page numbering on page 1 of a new section. At
section 9, however, the page numbering continues from section 8.

I have verified that section 8 ends with a Section Break (Next Page), as is
the case with all other section breaks in the body of the document. I
actually tried with "Link to Previous" both selected and not selected, and
the pagination in section 9 continues from section 8 either way (i.e., it
never starts over).

Can anyone suggest how to restart the pagination in section 9?

Thanks in advance,

Tim Munyon