Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trailman trailman is offline

Default bulleted lists

I have a list of places and activities at each of those places to type into a
list. I put a bullet at the beginning of the first place in the list,
followed by sub-bullets for the activities at that place. When I try to put a
bullet at the next place, Word wants to retain the format for the sub-bullet.
I've failed to come up with a work-around other than to type a line without a
bullet in between the next "place" and I've tried to format the next line by
formatting the bullet - doesn't work ... Help!!!