As suggested in the article, you'd be much better off deleting these framed
page numbers entirely and putting them directly in the page header.

"JohnD" wrote in message
Thankyou both very much Jay and Stefan,

that has solved the problem. I think during the formating of the header I
must have accidently moved the border of the page number inadvertantly
covering some of the text

Best Regards

john

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Wed, 4 May 2005 01:54:03 -0700, "JohnD"
wrote:

Every second page in my document starts with what appears to be a right
indent, which I would like to remove. However, the indent does not

appear on
the ruler at the top of the page. I have created a style for my

equations in
which the numbering is justified to the right of the page. The problem

arises
if I have an equation at the top of a page for example, the indent (if

that
is what it is) covers the number and thus the number cannot be seen.
I would be most grateful for any help on this issue

Hi John,

The "indent" is probably a leftover page-number frame from which the
number itself has been deleted -- see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...lyIndented.htm for
an explanation of how it happened and how to remove it.

In your case, the every-second-page symptom tells me you have
"Different odd and even" headers, and the frame is only in one or the
other.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman