KM1

I am doing this correctly and it has worked fine int the past. It was this
one time trying to put a header on all pages but the first, even with the
check on "Different First Page" the header showed on the first page as well.
It was weird. Pulled up a blank template and tried it, worked fine. Just
not on the template, identical to the blank, I was wokring in at the time.
Had to go to the second page and try the header there with the different
first page check, then it worked. If I copied what I typed to the same but
new (blank) template it worked fine. Strange. That is why I asked the
question regarding an intermitent problem with the header feature. I know
that this is true with the autotext auto correct feature when expecting it to
always popup with a suggestion 100% of a time. I use F3 now, which works
much better.
--
KM1

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

This is not a known intermittent problem in Word. It is probably directly
related to how your template is set up. Take a look at: How to set up
letterhead or some other document where you want one header on the first
page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"KM1" wrote in message
My understanding is that when you want to insert a header that will not
appear on the first page but will on all subsequent pages all you need to
do
is: click on view / header - type header on first page / click on page
setup on header toolbar / click on layout tab / click on different first
page
/ apply to whole document / click OK Then the header will appear on
page
2 and on subsequent pages but not on page one. However, when I did this
in a
template I have for work it showed up on all pages. If I pulled up a new
template and tried it again it worked. Is there a better way to set these
up
and is this some type of problem in Word 2003 that causes this to happen
intermitently.

KM1
--
KM1