JPh12 JPh12 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post
My point was simply that a manual spell check shouldn't change anything on
its own (without manual intervention). Therefore, something else must be
going on.

I'm not familiar with the Writer Outliner add-in. What does it do? Are you
sure that you disabled it properly? See the sections that discuss add-ins in
the Knowledge Base article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541/en-us/
(How to troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

JPh12 [/i][/color]
The reason I believed something was changing while running the manual spell checker is that I sometimes noticed a delay when autocorrecting. I thought that could be when a spurious substitution was being performed in the background all over the document. I know this sound strange. It's hard to check because I work with large documents and don't know what's being replaced -- I find out much later when correcting.

It's still not clear to me why you thought automatically_use_suggestions was the culprit since, from what I can see, it's not active in manual spell checking. Or did I miss something?

Writing Outliner is an application that adds an outline panel and corkboard to Word. I used other add-ins over time and disabled them. I don't see them on my Templates and add-ins manager so I assume they're gone.