Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Redundant extra page

It is impossible to see what you have done because you still haven't toggled
on the ShowAll command. If you can't see the non-printing characters, you
cannot see what you have done. We can't see what you have done either.

Terry

"tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote in message

(Forgot to mention: Word 2003)
Apparently the table cell complicates the situation, so I removed it. Now
I have two text
boxes and have defined the margins as left 0.1", right 0.9", top 4" and
bottom 0.5".
however, as you can see on the screen shot, the margin area is about half
that expected,
though the tick marks are shown right.
Further, if I drag one of the textboxes to the working area, it
disappears.

I guess I'll have to give up on the textboxes and just type the text in
place.

rs

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
:I can't image what you have done, but you mentioned table. Tables MUST
: always be followed by a paragraph mark that stores its formatting
: information. Turn on your ShowAll command and you will probably see the
: trailing paragraph mark on the blank page in its own. Select it and
apply
: Hidden attribute. Then when you toggle off the ShowAll command, the
extra
: page will disappear.
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP
:
: "tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote in message
: ...
: I tried to set up a 10 x 4 envelope at the top of an 8 1/2 x 11 page
: (landscape). Brought
: in a table of one cell, just for visual alignment, and text boxes for
: return and send
: addresses. Somehow, the program has ascertained that I really want 2
: pages, each 11 x 4
: 1/4 above and below each other. So print results in a blank sheet and
an
: ok envelope. But
: the blank sheet prints first (my option) and there is no opportunity
: set the envelope
: in the printer. How can I place the text and margins where they belong
and
: wind up with
: just one sheet?
: