Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tcebob tcebob is offline

Default Redundant extra page

Wow!. Thanks, Graham.

rs

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
: One of the envelope set you can download from my web site is already
: automated to grab single addresses from Outlook. The process is described at
: http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm
:
: --
:
: Graham Mayor - Word MVP
:
: My web site www.gmayor.com
: Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
:
:
: tcebob wrote:
: Thanks, Terry: I will check out Graham's info. I didn't think of the
: Add-to-document feature as a means of setting up a template. Worth a
: try.
:
: The primary motivation for this exercise is to come up with a batch
: file to grab an address from Outlook, activate Word, and print the
: envelope. Only one at a time; I don't do batch mailing.
:
: rs
:
: "Terry Farrell" wrote in message
: ...
: I'm beginning to understand now. The text boxes are floating in the
: wrong places - but most mysteriously, I cannot see an anchor
: anywhere. You could try right-clicking on the edge of each text box
: and then use the position settings all set reference to the Page.
: However, this is totally the wrong way to set about this.
:
: The Word way is to go to Tools, Envelopes and Labels, select the
: Envelope tab, select the correct envelope size and Add to Document.
: Note that the envelopes displayed are limited solely to those
: supported by your printer driver. If 10 x 4 is not an option, select
: the closest envelope larger than the 10 x 4 and Add To Document.
: Then go to page setup and adjust the margins to compensate for the
: oversize. Once it is correct, you can save it as a template for reuse
:
: However, that said, I hate the wizard and prefer to create my own
: templates for the envelopes that I use regularly. My colleague,
: Graham Mayor, has an excellent guide in how to change the envelope
: layouts and several envelope templates that you can download.
:
: http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm
:
: Terry
:
: "tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote in message
: ...
: OK, I take it you mean the Show/Hide command. Here's another shot.
: As I said, the table is
: removed. The principal issue is why the dashed lines indicating the
: borders don't coincide
: with the 4 tick marks.
: rs
:
:
: "Terry Farrell" wrote in message
: ...
: It is impossible to see what you have done because you still
: haven't
: toggled
: on the ShowAll command. If you can't see the non-printing
: characters,
: you
: cannot see what you have done. We can't see what you have done
: either.
:
: Terry
:
: "tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote in message
: ...
:
: (Forgot to mention: Word 2003)
: Apparently the table cell complicates the situation, so I removed
: it.
: Now
: I have two text
: boxes and have defined the margins as left 0.1", right 0.9", top
: 4"
: and
: bottom 0.5".
: however, as you can see on the screen shot, the margin area is
: about
: half
: that expected,
: though the tick marks are shown right.
: Further, if I drag one of the textboxes to the working area, it
: disappears.
:
: I guess I'll have to give up on the textboxes and just type the
: text
: in
: place.
:
: rs
:
: "Terry Farrell" wrote in message
: ...
: I can't image what you have done, but you mentioned table. Tables
: MUST
: always be followed by a paragraph mark that stores its formatting
: information. Turn on your ShowAll command and you will probably
: see
: the
: trailing paragraph mark on the blank page in its own. Select it
: and
: apply
: Hidden attribute. Then when you toggle off the ShowAll command,
: the
: extra
: page will disappear.
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP
:
: "tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote in message
: ...
: I tried to set up a 10 x 4 envelope at the top of an 8 1/2 x 11
: page
: (landscape). Brought
: in a table of one cell, just for visual alignment, and text
: boxes
: for
: return and send
: addresses. Somehow, the program has ascertained that I really
: want
: 2
: pages, each 11 x 4
: 1/4 above and below each other. So print results in a blank
: sheet and an ok envelope. But
: the blank sheet prints first (my option) and there is no
: opportunity to set the envelope
: in the printer. How can I place the text and margins where they
: belong and wind up with
: just one sheet?
:
: What is an anchor symbol?