Mike

I found a relatively clean workaround for this (emphasis on relatively). If
you insert a ListNum field, and specify the appropriate outline level (e.g,
says it's level 4) in the field codes, it works correctly. The advantage of
this - although it requires *some* manual formatting - is that it keeps the
numbering scheme.

Mike

ps. Make sure to insert the style separator before inserting the listnum
field.

"Word Heretic" wrote in message
G'day "Mike" ,

The 'manual' method would be to use an invisible table to sep the
paras yet retain them on the same row.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Mike reckoned:

In Word 2002 I would like to get two heading styles on the same line, but
cannot retain the numbering for the 2nd style. For example:

I. Lorem Ipsum....
II. Lorem Ipsum
a. Lorem ipsum
b. Lorem ipsum
III. a. Lorem ipsum
b. Lorem ipsum

If I use style separators (or even a hidden paragraph mark), the "a"

after
"III" will disappear. If I want this to work (and don't want to enter in
the numbers manually) I have to insert a ListNum field for the 1st and

2nd
levels. Any ideas on a way to get this to work? Or is it simply not
possible? TIA,

Mike